Friday, May 2, 2008

Third Suite

Finished the first, second and third drafts of the new story. Revised some sections ten times. I'm going to let it rest today and go over it again over the weekend, hoping I'll essentially just be tweaking it at that point.

My mom is staying over! All the way from Spain!! Only seven days in all, but it's still hella cool. Our plans do not include any daring feats of extreme sports, but are more inclined towards the simple fun and the comfy. Yesterday we watched the Bonus DVD that comes along with this outstanding cd. Astonishingly beautiful.

April's fitness goals achieved! Tasting a diversity of foods yesterday was like taking my taste buds on an excursion to the zoo -- and then getting to open up the cages and gobble all the specimens! Sorry for the cruelty of that image. Besides, I would never eat the Hippo. I couldn't, not after reading Ford's "After Moreau."

Looks like I may be work-traveling to Bellevue, Washington sometime during May, so I get to add that to my 08 travel tally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bellevue is close to Seattle...about 10 miles...

And so what I'm saying is...you'll be just 10 miles from the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame!

EPM-SFM at Seattle Center
325 5th Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109

Open Daily 10AM - 5PM

Having been there I will tell you that YOU will need an ENTIRE day to view the collection. Plus there's the Experience Music Project which has some cool Nirvana/Pearl Jam/Seattle grunge explosion memorabilia and factoids. It's just an awesome place to be Alvaro. Hope you get to go.