Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ausencia Green

That's the name of a fictional character I dreamt up today at work -- a little piece of meaning which I'll attach to a story sometime soon, so that I can better understand it.

Weekend chores are done (not bad, considering I've only been off work for 5 hours).

I haven't been keeping abreast of my feed newsitems and now I have over 3,000 updates waiting. Once I've sorted through all this, I'm going to delete all the livefeeds I'm not passionate about, because I'm obviously not in possession of enough time to keep up with all the things I'm merely interested in. May you live in interesting times, indeed.

Dario Marianelli's score to Goodbye Bafana (2007) is quite lovely and touching. It deserves multiple shuffles on your player.

I started listening to Cory Doctorow's podcast from his forthcoming YA novel Little Brother (2008). I'm finding that the experience of listening to him reading his own work is somehow far less satisfying than (1) me reading it or (2) listening to someone else read it. But it's still a merry time and I heartily recommend it. Go here. The novel will help satisfy my continuing desire for stories of insurrection.

1 comment:

Designing Fairy said...

Hello fellow writer. Just thought I'd stop by and say hi.