Thursday, December 4, 2008

Honorable Mention in Writers of the Future

My last submission to the Writers of the Future contest has received an Honorable Mention. According to blog comments by the contest Director, that means it's within the top 5% (I thought it was 10%) of the stories. The way I see it, I need to -- and will -- do better than this. This was the first story I submitted to them since deciding to "get back in the game" with WoTF after attending their awards ceremony earlier in the year. I'll be submitting again this quarter (which ends by 12/31) and will continue to do so each quarter thereafter, hopefully with better stories and better results!

I forgot to mention that a different story received a personalized rejection from Asimov's back at the end of October, so that's something. And overall, it seems, I've received more personalized rejections in the second half of the year than the first, with a few closer calls.

Just need to keep plugging away at the keyboard :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alvaro: Congratulations.

Alvaro Zinos-Amaro said...

Thank you!

Colin P. Davies said...

Congratulations, Alvaro.

I tried WOTF when I was starting out, but never got as far as an honorable mention. And I STILL get personalized rejections from Asimov's.

Yes, keep on plugging.

Colin

Alvaro Zinos-Amaro said...

Colin, hope things are going well.

Thanks for dropping by and for the words of encouragement.

Appreciated! :-)