Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Writers of the Future

On Friday I was at the 24th Writers of the Future Awards ceremony in Hollywood. It was flashy and ritzy (as it was the previous time I attended, in San Diego, two years ago) and it was a blast to be there for the acceptance speeches, have some fine food, and, oh yeah, receive a complimentary copy of the 24th volume in this ongoing anthology series. I haven't read the stories yet but will talk about them here when I do. Everyone was friendly.

I've been quarter-finalist and semi-finalist in past quarters and haven't submitted for a quite a while now. I think my game has improved (with three non-pro sales to show for it) to the point where I'm ready to attack this contest again. From now on, I'll have a story in every quarter. No exceptions.

No comments: