Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Pit of Man's Fears

Work proceeds somewhat slowly on my new story, "The Sentry." Mea culpa. Culprits listed in more detail:

On 4/5/2007 I started working my way through every episode of the original Twilight Zone series (156 for anyone who's keeping track). I've seen twenty-three so far and I have to admit I'm remarkably impressed by the overall quality. Sure, there's the occasional stinker. But even those. for the most part, are produced stylishly and are fun to watch. The best episodes are truly high-quality pieces, and must have been dimension-shattering ("There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man...") at the time they originally aired.

I interviewed for a new position with my company over the phone this morning. It didn't go quite as smoothly as I'd anticipated and I came away with mixed feelings. But sometimes I tend to be harder on myself than others with these things, and fortunately I'll know soon (by the end of the week) if I make it to the second and final round of interviews.

No comments: