Saturday, June 29, 2013

#8 out of 40 — We Invite You to Participate

Starting to get hot around these parts. That it was going to be a scorcher today became clear when we went out for a walk this morning, a little after 7 am, and the heat was already intense enough to make us sweat. By the time we got back at around 10 am (including about 40 mins for breakfast) it was ridiculously hot. Ended up hitting 93 °F--definitely pushing against the outer limits of my comfort zone. Of course, pals in Arizona complain I'm a sissy. Well, by the standards of self-declared desert-dwellers, sure, I'm a sissy.

Day 23 of writing streak. Tomorrow will entail minimal writing and much writing-related planning.

Fitness goals achieved.

Received an e-mail from LoneStarCon 3 today with my invitation code to submit the program participant questionnaire. Done! I may tweak it a bit over the next few days, but after about 30 mins of filling out various fields, I had to switch gears or risk a seizure (not that there's anything wrong with that)...

Delicious dinner out, courtesy of my amazing girlfriend.

The 2013 Locus Award winners were announced today. Congratulations to all! From the ones I haven't read I think the first one I'll tackle is the Miéville. It's been a long time since I've read his stuff. In fact, despite the immense critical acclaim they've received, I don't think I've read any of his YAs (!), so I'm looking forward to catching up.

Found a couple of Maigrets this morning at a used book store, which is always cause for celebration. Not having a list on hand of the ones I  possess, I thought it was likely they would turn out to be duplicates. But, throwing caution to the wind, the I took the $1 risk! Turned out I had neither :-) Sometimes it's the little things...




No comments: