Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oscar-Eligible Film Scores


As was reported a couple of days ago, many worthy 2009 film scores have been excluded from Oscar consideration this year due to AMPAS policy.

I almost always disagree with the winner of the "Best Original Score" category anyway, so it doesn't make too much difference to me either way.

Just for kicks, out of the 81 scores that are eligible, I'm selecting my ten favorite. (There are 16 in the list I haven't yet heard, so I'm really voting from a pool of 65. And if I tried this again tomorrow I might come up with a different list, so there.)

ADORATION (Mychael Danna)
BROKEN EMBRACES (Alberto Iglesias)
ASTRO BOY (John Ottman)
AVATAR (James Horner)
BAD LIEUTENANT: PORT OF CALL NEW ORLEANS (Mark Isham)
CHERI (Alexandre Desplat)
DRAG ME TO HELL (Christopher Young)
MOON (Clint Mansell)
UP (Michael Giacchino)
THE YOUNG VICTORIA (Ilan Eshkeri)

No comments: