Here's seven reasons why it's a good idea to listen to Howard Shore's superb score for Tim Burton's excellent Ed Wood on a Sunday:
1. The theremin.
2. See above. A ha.
3. The mambo. When else are you going to mambo?
4. Korla Pandit's "Nautch Dance." Oh yeah.
5. Cynthia Millar's Ondes Martenot.
6. Audio clips of Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi. "Pull the string!"
7. Orchestral sections performed by The London Philharmonic Orchestra. That could work on any day of the week, but combined with all the above, it's got to be a Sunday!
In short, zaniness and poignancy cheek-by-cheek.
And here's Howard Shore himself, discussing the score and how the use of the theremin came about: