Friday, April 4, 2008

Restrictions

Today marks the fourth day of my physical experiment, which is to last the thirty days of the month of April, Eliot's "cruelest month."

I'm limiting my caloric intake to 1,700 calories a day and going to the gym every day for a mix of cardio and strength training. All my calories are delivered in the form of five daily protein shakes of soy protein mixed with non-fat milk, and an assortment of fresh vegetables. That's it. I'm also going heavy on nutritional supplements and antioxidants.

Four days in I can feel a few changes. My energy levels are more consistent throughout the day, for one. There is some muscle soreness, as was expected. My sleep, on the whole, is improved. My flexibility has also improved slightly.

I've also been afflicted by bouts of insufferable grouchiness, so no changes there!

No comments: