Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Midmonth Victories

  • Fitness goal achieved. Went to the gym every day since the start of the month. Strength continuing to increase, mildly, but all progress is good. Body fat decreased by 1.3% during the last 15 days. Cardio resistance noticeably increased. Started with 1.5 miles on the treadmill; up to 3.5 miles today, with longer sustained bouts of high cardiac activity and much less effort.
  • Caloric restriction achieved. Haven't exceeded the 1,700 calories any day, and I've stuck strictly to the sources of sustenance I'd planned.

In other news:

  • My review of Tall Tales on the Iron Horse received some positive feedback, which was really nice. Any feedback on reviews by readers is appreciated.
  • Work is underway on a new story. Last week entailed some close study of a classic tale by Robert Sheckley for technique. I then spent several hours thinking through my idea, and planning out each scene. I'm not intending to rush this one, and am ready for multiple rewrites. From studying Sheckley's story I was able to identify several areas where I tend to "mess up" in my own work. Hopefully it will turn out a little better this time.
  • Working on the next review for The Fix.
  • Am looking forward to some time off at the end of this week and a visit that should be fun.

Random:

  • I love the "Tangiers" action sequence in The Bourne Ultimatum. Bit weird that I'm so enthralled by it, since I scoff at most action movies. I also haven't seen any films in 2008. But I love that sequence, g-damnit!

No comments: