Friday, February 8, 2008

Cherry Cola

Writing update: Finished a new short story this week, 4,500 words in length. It relies on a somewhat fantastical element and is darker speculative fiction than any of my previous stories. After a couple of edits throughout the week I sent it out. I'm happier with this tale than any other in recent memory.

I also discovered a story I'd written back in 2003, the concept of which wasn't completely unappealing...so I went back and completely re-wrote it, slashing almost 500 words and adding a number of new details. Since no-one originally saw this piece and every line is different, I don't feel like a terrible person by counting it as a new work (albeit one with a very long gestation period!). Still needs some more editing before I submit it.

So, on the writing front, during '08:
  • I've written three new stories.
  • Nineteen submissions.
  • Twelve rejections.
  • One sale.
I think this entitles me to a cherry cola. On we march.

No comments: