Friday, January 4, 2008

Denver in August!

Well, it's "official"; today I purchased full attending membership to the 2008 World Science Fiction Convention, which will be held in Denver, Colorado, August 6-10.

I also submitted a proposal and filled out the associated survey form to try and be on a panel. I had so much fun watching the various panels on the craft of writing, publishing and reviewing SF during the 06 WorldCon in Anaheim that I figured I would try to get myself ON one!

My proposed subject is the writings of Robert Silverberg (http://www.majipoor.com/, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Silverberg). I'm familiar not only with the work but also with its critical appreciation; here's to that counting for something. If you haven't read anything by this amazing author, please do so! If your eyes drop out of their sockets at the sight of his gargantuan bibliography, and you don't know where to start, feel free to shoot me a note. I'll probably post some recommended titles as we get closer to the date.

And ... today I also submitted my first short story of 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't eat tix to World Sci Fi Con, can you? Cheater.